Saturday, February 4, 2012

Icy Fingers

Do you like to be alone? Walking, sitting, thinking? This past work week had it all for me--- boring routine, pressure points, confusion at a few contrary turns, and here at the end it's zanytime: the Super Bowl. It's a fine time to get away and refresh. Every once in a while, I find it so invigorating to just step back for a few hours, a few days. Walk a different way, sing a crazy tune and perhaps visit an unknown venue. Suggestions? Think out of the box? Heck no! Throw the box in the wood stove. Say hi to the 'elephant in the room' and toss him some peanuts! This weekend it's a 'bachelor weekend' me, and it comes at a perfect time. Elenka is away in Jersey, and I'll have to fend for myself. I love it! The house is all mine. Play my music LOUD! Don't pick up my clothes. Eat some fried food(shhhhh!). Sit and stare at lonely trees out back. And later today, get a bit crazy with good friends, and let's see... oh ya, make sure the house is picked-up before tomorrow evening. I better, or I'll find myself in a very bad place. I think they call it Lonelytown!

23 comments:

  1. Enjoy your free time. Alone time is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would imagine e would banish you and the elephant to the back porch if you don't pick up your mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need help! Or you will if you get lost in the woods or in the dirty clothes piles all over the floor. I hope E left you a GPS. And I hope you told her to call you when she was within an hour of arriving back home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this photo is a real keeper. I enlarged it and it has a simple beauty to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO THERE!! Someone tell Birdman that I actually read this blog! Enjoy yourself, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love that occasional alone time. And Super Bowl - what's that?? ho ho ho

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post. I call what you are doing "getting my head on straight."

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good post and a good photo. It's the clearing up afterwards that is the downer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy to be alone. But I think there's a difference between men and women: a woman will keep her house clean,even if she's alone! No mess needed to feel happy!:o)
    Anyway, I've heard about the Super Bowl,and I know how important it is for US boys and men. so, enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am SO laughing at you!!!

    i love my solitude. a hermit crab, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those moments of solitude especially when I am out taking photos. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice. Great post!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that solitude! I'm with ya, Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, moments alone are so necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's unusual for me to be alone and I love those rare times. Not that my behavior changes much but it's so wonderful to be able to concentrate on something without interruption.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my fingers are going numb. what words of wisdom though:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah -- hit the refresh button , then pause -- feel better. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just how I felt when my parents left for the weekend in high school! hehe! Have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Only advice Birdman, don't TALK to the trees, they'll come and take you away, and clean up your mess and it'll be all good, enjoy your alone time..I love it!!

    ReplyDelete