Thursday, February 9, 2012

Winter Blue

This birdhouse has been the focus of my camera before but not in winter. It has stood in this garden for quite a few years now, but this blue remains so vivid against the snow. It reminds me again that although parts of our lives are constantly whirling about and changing there are amazingly strategic pieces that remain invariable as mathematical functions. Maine blizzards of Januarys and the blistering sun of July pass on, but this strong blue prevails. We wander. We seek. We relish. We retain. But in the end, we each have our anchors that bring us back home.

18 comments:

  1. It's a cold winter indeed. I imagine how anxious all birds are waiting for Spring time!
    Cute little blue house!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. elle est toute mignonne la cabane (c'est un peu la maison bleue de leforestier ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's reassuring that as some things change others stay pretty much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful color on this birdhouse. I'd live there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon and I agree! That cobalt blue is an outstanding shade and makes the birdhouse so inviting, esp to human eyes! I'm glad that you liked the b/w sand dune tree treat for you yesterday on my blog; unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the message (wrong key!), but I'm happy that you visited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me hollering a loud "Amen!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautyful thoughts! Some things are like lighthouses to us, showing way home whatever weather can be. Even small ones..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must be an oddity because I am at home in several countries...

    ReplyDelete
  9. And is this where you live, "birdman"?

    I think Ciel makes a point: some of us have lived in a variety of places and we have no place we would call "home," except where we are now. Or, as someone else said, "home is where the heart is."

    ReplyDelete
  10. All that from a blue birdhouse, eh? It looks good with the snow behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great little place. Perfect color too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blue does stand out in the winter, doesn't it???? Great photo.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bright blue - it has just started snowing again here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this pic, that contrasty is beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete