Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Theme Day: Animals

Today, February 1, 2012, is Theme Day across the CDPB (citydailyphotoblog) community. If you look very carefully, you'll spy one of our kitties hiding out in one of her favorite spots, my leather backpack. Good old Molly. I still recall the day we walked into the Animal Refuge League shelter in Westbrook and after opening her cage, she crawled up on my brown, barn jacket and found a home forever. She's one of a long line of felines, who have graced our home and hopped into our laps on cold winter eves. As you can see, she's never met a paper bag, a backpack or a box she hasn't made a 'home' in for a few hours of sleep. We think she's a bit unique, because she 'talks' to us constantly, whether we are petting her or not. When J- was off to college in the Midwest, she'd 'talk' to him on the phone in her own, unique, meow-purr language. Even a random touch at 4:30 in the morning on seeing her, will send her off purring, 'talking' and rubbing for attention. She certainly makes a lot of noise, more than any other cat we've had. As if to say, "Good morning. Where have you been? What's for breakfast?" She's a fine lady... that good ol' Mollycakes!

22 comments:

  1. un chat joueur, qui joue a cache-cache ;) VU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful image Birdman, Molly looks like she's found the perfect spot to 'cosy up' in..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, only with a cat! too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this theme day choice, love that cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo! Molly is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever used the word, "adorable," I'd use it now, but seeing as how I don't I won't but you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Molly, certainly knows her place, and she richly rewards your family for your unconditioned love of her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! Peek-a-boo...I see you, Molly. Terrific take on theme day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I love seeing that small sliver of Molly, I enjoyed the story of her personality and place in the family best... Cheers to Molly!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shot. She sounds like a very sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I love that "stink-eye" that cat is giving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Sorry I haven't been around this week. We have been traveling and taking more photos... Hope you are having a great week.

    Great photo. Mollycakes is adorable...
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, Birdman, you have a theme day winner on your hands here! A nice, sharp, well-composed and interesting image. And, it sounds like you have a pretty nice cat to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree with Jack, this is a winner of a shot. Cute kitty you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted a cat...sweet shot!

    ReplyDelete