Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weak End

I'm a bit down in the dumps this afternoon. I slept all morning almost, and that's something I never do... unless I'm coming down ill. It's a sure sign that something is amiss.When I'm under the weather, there are a few things I need to do. Get the electric blanket on 5, get the old movie station (TMC) cranked up and get someone to tuck me in(especially, "shoulders"). But I have some work to get done yet. My blogbuddy Lowell (Ocala Florida)wrote me a country western song (inspired by my rusted dozer of yesterday). He wants me to put a melody to it. What do you think?

Rusting away in Maine today
Without delay
What else to say?

Rusting away in Maine today
If I could pray
Here's what I'd say

Take away the rust
Turn it into dust
Lest I make a fuss
And move to Florida!
-words by Lowell
Maybe, later, I'll have the energy to sit at the piano and throw down a tune. He said we might make a million with it. I can see it now. Words by Lowell. Melody by Birdman. Sung by Dwight Yoakam or perhaps Alan Jackson. Whooops! Ok, gotta go now. Elenka says the 'fever' is back.
What's your remedy when you feel IT coming on?

17 comments:

  1. I say once you can remain out from under the electric blanket, go for it! Y'all two are so fine, such creative guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lyrics seems fitting to your mood of the day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let the snow accumulate under your feet, if you wait until it gets warmer you will forget the cold , stay and then go thru the cycle again next year.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh be well, dear Birdman!
    I have been sick for weeks but alas, no one to tuck me in. You enjoy to the fullest that special pleasure, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A partnership between you and Jacob? Tell me when it's out in the stores, I'll buy my copy!
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take some Airborne or some Zicam! I hate being sick and the minute I feel it coming on I take an Airborne. It usually works to head things off.
    Will you still blog when you an Lowell become famous?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you are sick. Does this mean you have to put off writing the melody? Sheesh! Oh, wait, you said "maybe later" you could hit the keyboard. OK. Let me know. Yoakum sounds good. Make it a little bluesy, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! Love the leaf in the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a team you would make! History in the making. Hurry up and get well so your creative juices can begin to work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. writing a tune in a fever - i'm sure it's happened plenty of times before! :)

    get well, birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm like you. I never sleep in unless something hits me. I just hunker down and watch old movies too. But then I have to throw in Wonderboys. Something about that movie and feeling crappy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you and Lowell will get rich and famous with that new song.... Alan Jackson would jump at the chance to sing it..... Nashville, here they come!!!!!!! ha

    I hate being sick --and luckily, I am not sick very often. When I am, I love being curled up in bed with some OJ beside the bed. I also love chicken soup!!

    Hope you feel better soon.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zinc lozenges - extra strength if you can find. Works most of the time if you start immediately upon feeling a bit odd.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you are doing all the right things to get better! -- barbara Oh, drink lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A couple of shots of Makers Mark will make it all better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you feel better soon Birdman, nothing worse than feeling 'just not quite right' ..I should know and it's nothing to do with being sick haha! You should definitely have a 'hot toddy' which is not as weird as it sounds..a shot of whiskey, spoon of honey, squirt of lemon and a touch of hot water, works every time!!

    ReplyDelete