Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Big Wheels

Part of my early years was spent in a small sand pit next to my friend's Scotty's house. His dad drove some large rigs for a local construction company, and he was forever bringing home toy trucks and cars for us to play with in the sand. Scotty had around 4-5 Tonka-like trucks that we spent hours upon hours playing with in our make- believe city scape of sand. I asked Santa for a couple of those big, yellow rigs for Christmas one year, but that never happened. I'm sure that was well beyond Mom and Dad's holiday budget. No problem, Scotty always got lots of toys, and he openly shared with his friends. When J- became of age for trucks, we got him a couple of the big, yellow Tonka trucks to use in the sandbox up back. I played too. See, I finally got my trucks. J- gave them away this past summer to Alexis' sons. They were so appreciative.
This large Forestry truck, once an Army vehicle, sits for sale on Route 320.
It's been converted into a 'firetruck' for use in rugged terrain.
Not for me though.
I've had my fill of big trucks.
Wait!
Maybe I could put a plow on the front.
With all this snow piling up, I could use a plow.

19 comments:

  1. how funny, you have the firetruck and i have the fire station today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you could use a plow. I hear Boston doesn't know where to put all the snow they've plowed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a red and green old tonka dump truck that i played with, too, inside and out. loved it! and tractors, and hay wagons and...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a couple of those Tonka trucks among my toys as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That truck would love a new owner, and would be perfect for a plow. It could become a new career with the winter you have had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old truckers never die they just a new P.....built. Or so I've heard...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drove small trucks for a couple of years when I was young... I liked it then, not sure I will like it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where does all that snow come from? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a very handsome truck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It doesn't look like there's a trace of Army green on it. Looks like a pretty handsome truck. Are you sure you couldn't find a place for it in your life? Vrroom, vrroom...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandsons would be all over that truck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think of all the fun you could have zooming around town in this truck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have so much remarkable recall about your youth. I don't. So far as I can remember, I didn't play with trucks very often.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just keep thinking about your ride on lawnmower Birdman, that'll keep you going through these last few weeks, you'll be riding that beauty soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just keep thinking about your ride on lawnmower Birdman, that'll keep you going through these last few weeks, you'll be riding that beauty soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to play with cars and lorries. No red lorries though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sold my truck and got a Kia Soul a few years ago. I'm feeling the tug for a truck again.

    ReplyDelete