Sunday, February 15, 2015

Uncle!

Some people are doing a lot of 'crying uncle' these days. No more snow! Please, no more snow! We surrender! Checking out the news, the weather forecasters seem to be leading the 'beating of the drum''. People I come across jokingly say they are leaving the state and heading to southern locales. I'm getting a coffee and the local barista seems to think I need to hear her complaints about the weather. "I hate all this snow and frigid cold." My retort? Hey, it's Maine. It's winter here. It snows in winter, sometimes a lot! I've survived winters like this. I cut my teeth in winters like this. If you're a nostalgia buff, you'd love it here now. This is a winter throwback. Want to experience a 50's-60s winter snowfall? Come to Maine, right now! There is still loads of winter left. The rest of February, all of March and usually a good deal of April. So come to Maine. Buy a shovel. Enjoy.

Got a little free time today. Visit my friend Yelena's new blog. She's had few comments. Please give her something to read. hahaha
/http://porcelainpigs.blogspot.com/

23 comments:

  1. Heck! There'll still be snow hanging around in great mounds on into August at this rate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell them there's no bad season, only different seasons with different kinds of beauty !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be right over. Expect me sometime tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been getting so much snow. It is pretty... but a hassle, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO grateful I am done with it! At least you saw that glorious big red heart yesterday!




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buying a shovel is always good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we just need something to complain about. Problem is when we just don't know when to quit already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such beautiful lovely weather! Makes you happy to be alive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear what you're saying and agree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As much as I'm glad it doesn't snow here, I must say that photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures of your snow seem quite beautiful, but sometimes we grow weary of the everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although in the 50s & 60s there were no snow days from school! People must have become soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. But how are we going to get there?

    I just read an article in the NY Times that Boston got 20 inches this weekend on top of the seven feet already fallen.

    Home to snow for us Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not moving, so we just deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't tell anyone, but I do love running my snow blower. But also enjoyed out break from the cold and snow. Glad you are standing up well under all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's kind of like Oklahoma in August when people say it is hot. Of course its hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really! It can snow until April? That's a heck of a long winter Birdman.. Looking forward to many more cool images like this one then :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really! It can snow until April? That's a heck of a long winter Birdman.. Looking forward to many more cool images like this one then :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. As I have already said: we aren't used to this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Weather is something folks will always talk/complain about. We are new to NH and this winter has been a real intro to NE weather. We grew up in NJ so we did have winters there, but then 12 years spent living on the VA eastern shore brought hot and humid summers instead. Now we are back to cold and lots of snow, which thankfully we do like, but admittedly a few breaks between snowstorms would be welcomed too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, I remember this winter- I walked out of my house, shoveled out my car- it wouldn't start, for the 20th morning in a row- my fingers frozen, my toes hanging out of my boots- I walked away, ran off to Hawaii, in a round-about way, came back about 10 years later- my car was still there(not really)- yeah, a little nostalgia, for the snow and for Hawaii...

    ReplyDelete