Monday, February 9, 2015

Still

Yes, it's STILL snowing here.
Our Lady of Victories still stands tall though amid another blanket of snow. It's been snowing, heavy at times, since Friday morning and will continue, prognosticators say, through this evening. What's a guy to do. I have no sword like she has.  Just my trusty Toro snowblower at the ready. I have no "vorpal blade to go snicker snack!", like that of Lewis Carroll's Jabberwock. Those in the know, who keep track of such things, are saying that this has been just about the snowiest week since record keeping began. At this point I could really care. All I know is that since January I have cranked that snowblower up too many times. Just another inch until 3 PM. I guess I can hold out and keep the fire burning here in the kitchen. I had plans today.
Dashed!
Feeling guilty?
I have extra shovels.
As a kid, we shoveled sidewalks for money.
After a month and a half like this, our pockets would be exploding!
Still.

24 comments:

  1. All that snow looks great against the monument though.

    We're now having our third day in a row with snow. It really does add up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not feeling guilty. I'm just kinda sad about the lack of exercise a snow blower provides for you. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

    You have received too much of the white blessing, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could pack some of my blue sky and send it to you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd help you shovel, but instead i'll go for a run/walk in our 76 degree sunshine. *smirk*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would like a snow blower! Not of much use here, but who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd lend you a shovel, but you probably have little use for one that's missing it's handle. That's about all the shovel I've needed this winter.l (Knocking on wood.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We haven't had nearly as much as you but I'm fed up with it. Just came in from doing a bit of a shovel job in our laneway before anymore comes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are having quite the opposite situation here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are managing to keep warm and that someone is looking out for needy neighbours with fewer resources.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to try my hand at snowblowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to Maine this weekend. More snow in the forecast.

      Delete
  11. Weather guessers also noted the coldest place in the U.S. yesterday was in Maine. Aren't you the lucky ones?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never even seen a snow blower. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has gone on so long I don't feel like making any nasty comments about all of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Strange winter. You are covered in snow and we are wearing t shirts and shorts outside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I lived in you're a fair city, this winter I would be getting very strange indeed by now

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's a hearty lady & I miss her. We used to shovel for money in high school...Up here, you here the expression "cabin fever" more & more...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I heard that the east coast is getting another pounding. At least you have a snowblower and fireplace to help you get through it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shovel some snow over this way Birdman.. pleeeeeease :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shovel some snow over this way Birdman.. pleeeeeease :)

    ReplyDelete