Saturday, February 14, 2015

Heart Attack

The Valentine Bandit has 'attacked' the city again, down Congress Street and the outskirts. How does SHE do it? Or How does HE do it. Better still HOW do THEY do it? WHY do they do it? And maybe the most important question: HOW much masking tape and red ink do they consume in their late night jaunt? Here's another point. I bet it's an alcohol-induced venture. I say, so what. It's pretty cool to drive down Congress and see all the windows 'addressed' with red hearts at dawn on the 14th. Note the small one in the lower right.
For us, it's going to be a Valentines' evening and next day snow-in. Blizzard warnings up all over the state. We're going to hunker-down and ride 'her' out... and oh yea, FEAST!
On the plus side, our menu for the night:
Lobster Mac and Cheese.
Homemade Crab Cakes.
Filet Mignon. 
A iceberg-wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon.
and a bottle of Prosecco.
(Did I tell you I sleep with a helluva cook?)
See you tomorrow!
*ps. Sorry I'm late. We had an 'interesting' breakfast and adventure in the city. More later on that. No, I wasn't arrested.

17 comments:

  1. that sort of heart attack is downright cool. and YUM on the dinner plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't arrested, huh?

    We're getting snow all day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that heart attack! And your meal for the night sounds fabulous! Enjoy getting snowed in again! No snow here just really cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title made me laugh loud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your menu for tonight sounds heavenly. I could eat every bit of it. I so wish I could send some of our unseasonably warm weather your way. It's way too warm here for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny because some pundits here were suggesting, considering the weather we're anticipating, that people just spend tonight eating at home and watching a movie. I'm sure that made the local chefs happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I think all this is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That menu sounds fantastic and glad you didn't get arrested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoever puts these up is a Valentine hero. Love a romantic, don't you?

    Lobster mac and cheese, Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the "heart attack" idea. As for that dinner! Ooooo La La!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I don't know if it is alcohol induced or not. In my experience such motivation doesn't have much staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can never have too many hearts.
    Top notch menu.
    Hunker down with that helluva cook and don't forget to tell us about your breakfast adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a bit Bah humbug in Valentines Day, but that menu sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart goes to your menu ! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's Valentines menu is delectable. Hope today finds you well and warm and inside!

    ReplyDelete