Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Distant Sky

If you could get to the top of the rise here, you'd have a clear view of the comings and going of Casco Bay traffic. It was a pretty desolate scene though on an early Sunday morning, both on water and here on terra firma. Not much activity. Just a few plow trucks moving about, cleaning up the few inches of snow deposited the night before. In my youth of another time, I would have eagerly waded my way in the thigh high drifts to reach the top. Then if I was successful, I'd probably have raised my arms above my head and screamed something like, "I'm the king of the world."or maybe just, "I'm king of the mountain. See if you can knock me off."
Alone time.
I've always enjoyed it.
Back then and even now walking about in new fallen snow.

20 comments:

  1. Ahhh...the things we would do when are bones didn't break so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alone time is good fun! Exploring in all this snow looks like a good time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to do that too! Although this year it has been fiercely cold at the same time so not as much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the brooding quality of the sky, Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. had good snow here in texas, too, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I know that sensation...

    ReplyDelete
  7. About the basketball game....Boston clobbered us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect.

    (And not even a white golf ball in sight. I've come almost straight from Bob's blog).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are going to be showing snow photos into May this year. A guy could get depressed with all of that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We actually had snow here today but it doesn't look much like this. Everything pretty much came to a halt. I'll show you tomorrow what our snow looked like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cant imagine plodding through all that snow!! (does not snow in Mumbai :) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely composition here. I can't imagine trying to walk through that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We do need our alone time. Strong picture



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3



    ReplyDelete
  14. we are getting more tonight! it is crazy, these big piles of snow in parking lots that they don't have anywhere to take them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a few hours alone time this morning, soooo good just not having to talk to anyone :) Lovely composition here Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a few hours alone time this morning, soooo good just not having to talk to anyone :) Lovely composition here Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh , The great pleasure of small victories in every day life ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I do understand...I love that place and did feel that spirit, overlooking the sea...

    ReplyDelete