Friday, February 6, 2015

Street Walker

A hot cup of joe and she's off to work. Even on an early Sunday morning she's got places to go and people to meet. I'm going to hazard that guess. It was too cold and blustery to be otherwise out and about in the snow. Of course, I was up and out, but that's a whole different story. Meeting Paulie for coffee at Crema, catching up on his latest comings and goings and then driving around to see what the camera might be interested in. I wasn't going to be hoofing it anywhere for long. It ended up being just me jumping in and out of my SUV a few times at various places I hadn't traveled in awhile.
Walking the sidewalks of this city this frigid morning wasn't going to happen.
Want to survive a Maine winter?
Here's some good advice.
Pick your spots!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks so cold! I've been complaining all morning 'cause it's only 47 degrees and quite windy although very sunny. And it's only going up to 64 today! Ugh. But after looking at this photo I guess we don't have it too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surviving a Maine winter for me would be similar to one in Minnesota: Climb on an airplane and go to México or south! You are a brave soul, Birdman, even if a bit wimpy by roaming around in an SUV! PS. I think Lowell definitely is a wimp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a little colder here, but nowhere near to Canadian or Maine winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shot, its like the snow is puffing up around her just to give you a dramatic photo. And to answer your question on my post, it depends on the parasol... my pretty lacey one from Venice probably wouldn't be much use in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrr...that does look very, very cold. I think you have some good advice here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brrr. folks in the north are tough souls. :) i come from good stock, but i've softened up, considerably.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Honey! The Northern Kingdom will have to get along without me and my thin blood!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing that weather reminds me of our weather. Which is gloriously beautiful this time of year. I'm silly that way, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm finding it more pleasant to be out and about now that we finally got some snow this week but the grey cold before now has been a real downer for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cup of joe and she's good to go. I like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually LIKE winter as long as I'm dressed for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That could have been me (except that it wouldn't have been coffee).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had such high hopes that it was really going to be a Portland street walker.

    Birdman, I wander around in my SUV taking pictures, too. But I do it in a golf shirt, shorts and sandals.

    ReplyDelete