Sunday, December 28, 2014

Buon Natale

Buon Natale!
Our dinner theme this Christmas was Italian, and Elenka and a few of her elves outdid themselves. Here is our menu.
Our Italian Christmas 2014
Wine Greeting-
Mulled Wine Vin Brule
Appetizers-
Antipasto Platter
Baked Brie with Balsamic Rosemary Cranberry Sauce
Pistachio Crusted Goat Cheese with PomegranateSeeds
Assorted Nuts
Assorted Crackers and Bread Sticks
Hummus
Marinated Mozzarella Balls
Figs
Assorted Olives
Toast
Prosecco
Main Course
Braciole
Italian Meatballs
Vegetarian Lasagne Roll-ups
Insalata
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Italian Wines
Campari
Italian Sparkling Water
Desserts
Tiramisu
Assorted Italian Cookies
Italian Wedding Cookies
Black Bottom Bourbon Pecan Pie
Assorted Gelato
Candies
Coffee/Tea
Bon Appétit!

20 comments:

  1. I feel honored! Mostly northern Italian I see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it must have been hard to walk away from the table after that feast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was finished at the lasagne. Whew! I can't eat anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Lord! You could feed an army at that table. Looks delicious. An Eyetalian friend of mine from up Massachusetts way said they had fish for Xmas - some kind of fish which is an Xmas dish.

    You ought to try a Swedish delicacy called lutefisk sometime. Ha, ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I get invited to your house next year? That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being half italian, and living 20 kms away from Italy, I can only congratulate you and Elenka for this perfect choice . Pace Salute !

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG....I'm stuffed just reading that fabulous menu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful menu. I had to read it twice and think I've gained a pound or two just doing that. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like it was beyond delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. Can I come next Christmas? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll take a little of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds beyond wonderful! I notice you posted the menu AFTER Christmas, Birdman...I suppose it helped keep hoards of us from climbing onto airplanes and arriving for uninvited visits.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowee! Looks nice and sounds yummy. I do love Italian cookies. Sounds like you all had a super time. MB

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was some feast! Right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So the menu changes each year? We always had Italian xmas eve, with grandmother's homemade cavatelli, sauce, meatballs, etc. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have themes for Christmas dinner? Wow. Our usual theme is Same as Last Year. And the Year Before That.

    ReplyDelete