Monday, December 15, 2014

Santa Parade

I've got a secret.
Enjoy. I haven't got many. Over the last couple of years I've been collecting little Santas. It started on a whim, and now I tell Elenka that I can't stop. I can, but it bugs her a bit when I say that. It all started two years ago when I spied a couple of 50's era Santas sitting on a shelf at the Gorham Goodwill store. I stopped to look for ties but got sidetracked. They seemed lonely. Last December I added a few and two weeks ago a few more. Like us all, I have selective memory. I can remember the strangest stuff, long past, but sometimes struggle with my plans for the day. This said, so far I have not returned to the house with a duplicate Mr. Claus. Lucky, I guess. Elenka says my collecting days are over, because this small mirrored mantle is full.
She might again be correct.
However, I wouldn't venture to Vegas with your life savings.
... if I were you.
Ho, Ho, Ho!

19 comments:

  1. Collections say a good deal about the collectors. Ho! Ho! Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I've ever known anyone who collected Santa's before. Well, I used to know a girl who "collected" real Santas - hung around all the malls! These are nice. I would guess your wife, in the interest of family harmony, might find some other space to continue your collecting ways. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always swap & trade. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I approve heartily of this collection of men in red Birdman.. I see a wee space at the end of the mantle for one more Mr Claus :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collection, I love it. A few years ago, I started collecting Santa ornaments for the tree. I've go all shapes and sizes but, this year I have tried to restrain myself and haven't bought a single one. Moving to a smaller home does that to you. You start thinking about space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a sweet collection. but i'd prefer something that could be displayed all year without folks raising eyebrows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never thought of this one, and your posse of Santas is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I collect santas too !!!Poor Elenka, she does not know that there's ALWAYS an other mantle or an other shelf somewhere ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say - Go for it! You can't pass up a good one if you come across it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Christmas secret, too. Nutcracker soldiers. Shhhhhh!

    And, of course I intended the photo to look like a Hopper. As soon as I stood there and looked at the restaurant in that light and darkness, I thought of Hopper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The upside of any sort of Christmas collection is that it only hangs around for a month. I think your Santas are rather dear, and maybe a little clown-creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, Men in Red! You're not alone in this affliction. JoAnn, a Bellingham, WA blogger ("Scene through My Eyes") has a similar passion. Her Santas are everywhere this time of year (sorry, Elenka)...everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I collect Santas, too . . . you've found some unique ones . . .I want to reach into the photo and pick them up and admire them, one by one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brave confession, LOL!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my cousins does the same with Nutcrackers.

    One more Santa and they'll be able to organize into an army and launch Operation Santa Global Domination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, a Santa addiction, that's not a bad one at all! You need to build an addition to your house, that's all!

    ReplyDelete