Friday, December 26, 2014

Exhibit A

I do. I do. I do BELIEVE!

And now I think I might have evidence. Living on Stevens Avenue one Christmas Eve I was positive I heard something walking on the roof of our house in the snow. So here's the theory of a ten year old. Noises on the roof? Santa below? I left my room and made it half way down the stairs too nervous to venture any further. I had been warned. If you see Santa, the magical spell would be over. So that's where I sat for about a half hour, stretching my neck around the banister hoping to catch a faint glimpse of that red suit. It didn't happen, and I went back to bed. At 7 AM the four of us kids raced down the stairs to the living room to find what Santa had dropped off for us. And there they were, stacked in different parts of the room: each our Christmas bounty. How did he do this? All in one night? Evidence. That's all I needed to prove that he really existed, and that he wasn't just magic. Well, yesterday in some dull morning light rain, I think I have gotten a few pieces of evidence. Reindeer footprints all over the backyard and beyond.
Reindeer footprints in the yard?
Santa on the roof in his sleigh?
Gifts under the tree?
Do you see how it's all coming together?
I still BELIEVE.
Do you?

17 comments:

  1. Yes, absolutely, always have. If I didn't, my mother would put a few drops of arsenic in my tea. But even without that threat, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But shouldn't there be Santa's footprints on the roof, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But did you check for hoof prints on the roof?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scientific approach can't lie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmm..Still weighing the evidence. . . xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, your evidence is lacking. I tried to duplicate this experiment and it didn't work. Then I did an observational study. You've got droppings from a flock of Canadian geese on their way to Florida. Sorry, but that's de truth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think someone's been leaving food for those reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. His technique involves artificial stargates, teleportation technology, and the astounding capacity to eat and drink millions of cookies and glasses of milk while messing around with time to allow himself the chance to get to all those millions of houses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Espero que pases unos dias estupendos. feliz Navidad..un saludo desde Murcia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm leaning toward William's explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birdie, you didn't drink the spiked punch that was left for Santa, did you?

    ReplyDelete