Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Trailer Art

I like to dream.
You?
Perhaps I'll take up painting again. Even though the first time I attempted it you couldn't call it, in any shape or form, 'taking it up'. I spent a day or two with it. They might get to calling me 'Grandma Birdman' for my primitive work. Hey, I might finally buy that Harley and take off into the sunset for Alaska, a la "Easy Birdman". How about buying a big sailboat and setting off down the inter-coastal highway? I'd probably get stranded on some remote island and do my best 'Robinson Birdman' bit. I might make Daniel Defoe roll over six feet under. I like to walk. Maybe I might try the Camino de Santiago and walk my 'Way' across Spain. They might get to calling me the 'Walking Bird'. Maybe one of those Ironman Triathlons might just quell my dreaming fire. 'Iron Birdman' has a nice ring to it. After all, I had a bike and liked to swim growing up.
Jeepers.
All that contemplating this morning has me pretty tired.
I better turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.
'Dreaming Birdman'.
That has a nice ring to it.
Ah... to dream.

20 comments:

  1. It's good to dream, Birdman. You have an active imagination so I bet you'd be good at art. As for the Harley, forget it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this. you wore yourself right out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perchance to dream....there's the rub. My dream is to travel long term, maybe three months in London and then three months in Paris and a few months in Tuscany and then on to Africa and Australia. Ah yes, that would be the life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often dream, but not at night, to live in a quieter and nicer place...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Art" is in the eye of the beholder, or believer...in your case, perhaps you should try photography. Or stay asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birdman, I see your dreams all involve warm weather. This isn't the ideal time of year for motorcycle trips, boating, or walking the Camino, but it is an ideal time of year to plan one of these activities for next summer. Triathlons take lots of training just to be there. Go on, follow your dream. Think I've just seen an ad for a movie about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a day for a daydream...I think Lovin' Spoonful had something to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never let go of your dreams and never stop dreaming, I say.

    Love your Santa collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha, this was a fun post!! dream big!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Riding a Harley to Alaska would definitely appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe I missed this in an earlier post, but have you seen the movie BIRDMAN?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Iron Bird - I think writer/poet Birdman would work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. People of our age should forget the triathlon unless they are certifiably nuts. Some sailors say the two happiest days of their lives are the day they buy their boat and the day they sell it. Motorcycles are insanely dangerous (ain't got no airbags or seat belts). So just do what you do so well, write and take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never stopped "dreaming" . . . perhaps fantasizing is a better description.

    ReplyDelete