Monday, December 8, 2014

Ice Walk

We took a stroll on Danforth Street on Saturday afternoon. After a plate of Irish nachos and something to wash it down at Bull Feeney's, we headed to the Victoria Mansion to view the rooms decked out in all their holiday splendor. As I recall, the last time I was there was as a high school junior on a field trip. When we exited close to 4:30 PM, this slushy sidewalk had began its turn to a treacherous, frozen walkway. Since this image was taken, we've seen a bright sun but with temperatures encased in the 20's not much melting. When walking on this stuff, you need your wits about you or the results might be quite  unpleasant.
Pretty scenes can lead to danger.
Slip-sliding away.
Call 911!  

17 comments:

  1. Liiks like the perfect place to break a leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister slipped and fell on the ice at her home in Wisconsin several years ago - broke her hip. She's never been the same since. Dangerous, indeed!

    Irish nachos? That's like saying Mexican Guinness. Explain, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious! I do not like lamb, but the nachos are served with a lamb, bean dip concoction that is to die for. mmmmmmmmmmm

      Delete
  3. I have to stay away from this stuff. I tend to trip and fall on perfectly dry ground. "Irish nachos"?? A little corned beef perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, we're slippin' and slidin', too . . . yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are not used to snow and when it rarely comes it is hard for us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen snow several times in different places but never walked on ice and I'd better not try it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I slipped on really bad icy sidewalks a few years ago and broke my wrist. Let's just say that the air was blue! I wear those strap on cleats now if it is really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That icy stuff totally intimidates me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the part of winter I fear and loathe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have trouble walking on a regular old sidewalk without tripping, so I probably wouldn't even attempt this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
    You know the nearer your destination
    The more you're slip sliding away"

    Hope you made it to you destination!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Irish Nachos? That's a new one on me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm usually fine on ice, but once slipped and fell on the stairs outside my apartment. I broke ribs.

    ReplyDelete